Sunday, October 5, 2008

"One thing which is of more importance"

In The Book of Mormon, Another Testament of Jesus Christ," there is a phrase used by a prophet named Alma concerning the first coming of Jesus Christ to the earth:

"For behold, I say unto you there be many things to come; and behold, there is one thing which is of more importance than they all—for behold, the time is not far distant that the Redeemer liveth and cometh among his people." Alma 7:7

Of the many important things to consider in matters of faith, there is indeed "one thing" which is more important than anything else: Did Jesus live on the earth, and does He live today? If He is real, does He know me and love me? Does He really have a plan for me and my family, and can He show me the way to find real happiness in this life and eternal happiness with Him and with my family in the life to come?

This blog is intended to be an invitation to "all to come unto Christ." There is much of hurt and heartache in the world today. Many are questioning the role of God in their lives, or even His very existence. I intend to share through experience, doctrine and testimony, why and how I know that He lives. I invite comments and questions from all sincere seekers.

There is no greater cause than discovering for oneself the truth to the above questions. I'm grateful and humbled to be able say that I've found them. I'm also grateful that I can share.

1 comment:

Ging said...

Thank you for your constant desire to share and be all that is good. I hope you'll keep letting this side of you show in your other blog too, it is such a part of who you are.